When you hear that someone is going in for surgery, it’s easy to immediately associate it with the stigma of Grey’s Anatomy – traumatic, emotional, and frightening. While there are many surgeries that exude these types of emotions, foot surgery at Adler Footcare isn’t one of them because the procedures we perform have your best interest in mind.
Specific foot surgery procedures performed at Adler Footcare:
- HyProCure® treatment – places a titanium stent into the naturally occurring space between the ankle bone and heel bone to correct foot misalignment.
- Bunion treatment – helps manage the pain caused by bunions or remove the bump on the toe altogether.
- Toenail fungus treatment – a laser light beam shines onto the toenail, penetrating through the surface and killing the fungal pathogens.
- Stem cell treatment – is used in conjunction with other treatments and injects amniotic stem cells into the area causing pain to reduce inflammation and speed healing time.
- Custom orthotics – shoe inserts made for your specific foot structure to correct balance issues and manage foot pain. (A patient will be considered for HyProCure® before being recommended custom orthotics)
- Ankle arthroscopy – performed by making two very small pinpoint incisions utilizing a tiny camera on one end and a medical instrument on the other. The instruments used clean out the joint by using a water pump type feature, essentially “sucking out” the unhealthy tissues.
These procedures have a number of benefits. They are:
- Minimally invasive – the New York podiatrists at Adler Footcare use a minimally invasive technique to perform foot surgery procedures. This means they are done by making a small incision the size of a pinprick, or no incision at all.
- Safe – the podiatric operating room located at Adler Footcare in Midtown Manhattan has received Joint Commission accreditation, demonstrating continued compliance of patient safety, quality, and standard of care.
- Fast – each treatment is an outpatient procedure, allowing you to leave the office the same day you arrived.
- Effective – Because these surgery procedures cause significantly less trauma to the foot, and are performed by highly trained podiatrists, they have a very high success rate. For example, take a look at the following articles:
- Quick recovery time – People often express that fear is a reason they don’t look into getting foot surgery, but it can also seem like an inconvenience. Everyone is busy this day and age and it’s difficult to take time out of your schedule to be off your feet. While each person’s experience is different depending on the severity of the condition being treated, in general patients can expect a quick recovery time. For example:
- The HyProCure® procedure allows you to leave the office in a walking boot and be back in your own shoes within 3 to 5 days.
- You can see the positive effects of toenail fungus laser treatment as soon as the new nail begins to grow out.
The New York podiatrists at Adler Footcare use cutting edge procedures to provide effective correction of the underlying problem, with the least amount of down time, least amount of complications, and get you functioning normally again as soon as possible.
At Adler Footcare, we believe feet shouldn’t hurt and neither should their treatment.
If you’re apprehensive about foot surgery procedures, learn more about each treatment we offer in the free download below: