There are easy fixes for your foot pain if your feet are just tired from general wear and tear, or your feet hurt from those flip flops or heels you wear that offer no support. Most of the time, resting your feet at the end of the day or finding a good, supportive pair of shoes to wear will do the trick. But what about when you have chronic foot pain that is only seeming to get worse? That’s when you should ask a qualified podiatrist about the quick, easy, and effective treatments available.
The HyProCure® procedure places a titanium stent into the naturally occurring space between your ankle bone and heel bone to realign your feet. What most people don’t realize is that their foot pain stems from foot misalignment caused by the ankle bone slipping off the heel bone. Misalignment can also lead to a chain reaction throughout the body causing pain in your knees, hips, back and neck.
More you should know about HyProCure®:
- Most patients experience little to no pain
- There is no screwing or drilling involved
- It’s an outpatient procedure
- You will leave the office in a walking boot
- You’ll be walking in your own shoes within 3 to 5 days
- Walking is encouraged and you can get back to running and jumping in about 6 weeks after HyProCure®
- The procedure has a very high success rate
- Adler Footcare and its associated certified Podiatric OR of Midtown Manhattan, PC are designated as HyProCure® Centers of Excellence
Toenail Fungus Laser Treatment
Toenail fungus laser treatment shines a laser light beam onto the affected nail. The light beam is able to penetrate through the surface of the nail and completely evaporate the pathogens causing the fungus. Once they are eliminated they can no longer grow and cause you to have ugly, thick, discolored, and sometimes even painful, toenails.
More you should know about toenail fungus laser treatment:
- It’s fast, usually only requiring three 30-minute in-office visits
- It’s safe, involving no blood, bandaging or anesthesia
- No side effects have been reported
- Patients report minimal to no pain
- It’s FDA approved
- You will see positive results as the toenail begins to grow out (90% success rate after the first three treatments)
Minimally Invasive Surgery
A type of surgery that is done by making a very small incision is referred to as “minimally invasive.” Any procedure that uses a minimally invasive technique is performed in a way that causes little to no trauma to the patient using small tools like lasers, endoscopes or laparoscopes. This type of surgery can be used for common foot problems such as bunions, hammertoes, toenail fungus, heel spurs, ankle injuries, and foot misalignment.
More you should know about minimally invasive surgery:
- It involves much quicker recovery time than traditional surgery (most patients who have surgery on a Friday can return to their desk job by Monday)
- Patients experience significantly less pain than traditional surgery
- It causes minimal to no scarring
- Dr. Adler is one of only 12 Professors of Minimally Invasive Foot Surgery from the Academy of Ambulatory Foot and Ankle Surgeons and has lectured on these procedures nationally and internationally
If you’re experiencing foot pain that is more than just sore feet after a long day, and it’s starting to affect your daily activities, contact a New York podiatrist at Adler Footcare for a free assessment. We believe feet shouldn’t hurt and neither should their treatment.