The word “fungus” is not fun, Gus! Okay, we apologize if your name isn’t Gus, but seriously, just the word fungus sounds very unappealing. Toenail fungus especially can keep you from having a good time because you are too worried or just plain embarrassed by your ugly, yellow nails to join your friends at the pool and show them in public. That, and you’ve tried everything under the sun to get rid of it and you feel helpless.
That leads to the number one reason you should get toenail fungus laser treatment– because it’s the only treatment that will get rid of it completely.
How is this possible? It’s simple. A laser light beam breaks through the surface of the infected nail and kills the fungal pathogens causing the toenail fungus. Once the fungus is gone it can no longer grow. Other treatments you’ve probably tried – such as oral medications, topical creams, or unusual at-home remedies – make the fungus go away for a while, but are not powerful enough to kill it altogether, so it just keeps coming back and making you crazy!
There are a lot of other reasons to get toenail fungus laser treatment too:
- There is minimal to no recovery time so you can get back to your active lifestyle.
- Usually only requires two 30-minute in-office visits so you can continue to focus your time on what really matters in your day.
- There’s no blood, bandaging or anesthesia involved.
- No side effects have been reported.
- It’s FDA approved.
- Clear results can be seen as soon as the new nail begins to grow out.
This is good news because you won’t have to miss out on the pool parties, pedicures, or shopping for new summer sandals anymore. And remember, laser treatment gets rid of the fungus completely so you don’t have to worry about it coming back again!
However, you do want to pay attention to what you’re exposing your feet to. Just like you can get treated for a common cold, only to get it again, you can contract toenail fungus again if you don’t take the proper precautions. Some of these include:
- Don’t walk barefoot in public areas such as community pools or locker rooms.
- When you’re getting a pedicure make sure the tools being used are clean and sterilized – or bring your own!
- Let your feet breathe – toenail fungus loves hot, humid environments. Wearing synthetic socks can help wick moisture away.
- Practice good foot hygiene and keep your nails short and straight.
You can enjoy clear nails again by getting toenail fungus laser treatment because it gets rid of the fungus completely. Couple that with taking preventative measures and you’ll never have to be embarrassed about your toenails again – in fact you’ll be showing off your feet at your next pool party!
If you’re ready to get rid of your toenail fungus completely, contact a New York podiatrist at Adler Footcare for a consultation. We believe feet shouldn’t hurt and neither should their treatment.